Staff Guidelines for Dealing with Student Plagiarism
Flowchart for Staff Actions
Academic Integrity - Staff
guidelines for managing plagiarism
This booklet is a guide for tutors, lecturers, unit and course coordinators, higher degree by research (HDR) supervisors, heads of academic areas (schools, departments, faculties or centres) and Pro Vice-Chancellors, clarifying their roles and responsibilities regarding student plagiarism. It is based on Curtin's Management of Plagiarism Policy.
- Outlines Curtin's procedures for dealing with plagiarism;
- Describes the roles and responsibilities of staff members; and
- Provides sound educational advice and resources for:
- limiting students' opportunities for plagiarism, and
- identifying plagiarism when it occurs.